Read on for fun and unique Valentine gift ideas that everyone in your family will love!
I get it. You might think Valentines is just another overly done “commercial” holiday that’s been created to sell us more cards and chocolate. Or over-priced pre-fixed menus and things we don’t need. And you know what? You’re probably right. However, long before I ever had a “special someone” in my life I’ve loved spoiling my favorite people with a little something special on Valentines day. Call me a romantic I guess. I love researching unique Valentine gift ideas! So this is why I wrote this post for you! Hopefully, there’s a little something special for everyone on your list!
I used to leave cute little notes and presents in my friends lockers in high school. I wanted to let hem how special I thought they were. So, even if you don’t “buy” anything, let Valentines day be a reminder to let others know how much they mean to you. Even now I like to drop off fun little gifts on Valentines day! It’s not just a day for “romantic” love… its a day to be intentional about expressing to others how special they are to you.
Here’s a rundown of my favorite unique Valentine gift ideas.
clockwise from top left
- Valentine pjs– who doesn’t love super soft fun pjs? These are soooo cute!
- The Story of Us love book– This is a fully customizable book detailing your love story you can create for that special person in your life.
- Customizable six pack holder– Beer sold separately 😉
- L O V E necklace from Anthro. Because how cute is this?!
- A cute little book of passport love notes you can save for later
- AM + PM self guided journal– I’m really into journaling right now, and I love this guided version that asks you questions to help you set your intention for the day. Plus, it also has reflection questions for the evening. This is the perfect starter journal to get your wheels turning if you’re new to journaling!
- Personalized drawers for him because why wouldn’t you want to plaster your cute face down there?
- Love Map of all the places you’ve traveled together. And you can get it personalized too! Sensing a theme here? 😉
- Ps I love you soap from Anthro. I mean…a bar of soap with an envelope attached?! How do you resist that?! Can you tell I’m a sucker for packaging? 😉
- Rose beauty products… also from Anthro. I guess when I think Valentines I think roses. But I do LOVE the smell of rose. In fact, you can check out some of my favorite rose products in this post here. Trader Joes has some really great rose products too. And if you like rose, be sure to check out Jo Malone’s perfume in rose.
- Spread the Love journal. I got this from Michaels for my girls last year. The idea is that you share this journal with your kids. You write them a special note and leave it somewhere for them to find. They then do the same for you. With my daughter who couldn’t quite read yet I would draw cute pictures instead. It’s so fun to find it filled with cute notes and drawings!
- This cute headband from Anthro- can you tell I love Anthropologie?
- Dash heart waffle maker. Because my kids love to help in the kitchen, and they LOVE waffles there was never a question that I was going to buy this.
- Mini frame from Michaels. I found this adorable heart mini frame and put a picture of each girl with their puppy in it. This is such a fun and personal gift, and they LOVED it! And it’s a great idea if you have an animal lover.
Here are some other fun ideas we’ve done for Valentines.
+ Make heart-shaped pizza with the kids
+ I like to make all heart-shaped food that day actually. 😉 Lunches, breakfast.. all of it!
+ Love note scavenger hunt– (write a love note and a leave a clue to find the next one and so on…)
+ “10 things I Love About You” Date Night– take your loved one to a place that holds special significance for both of you. Within this theme you can gift them something, do an activity or just take them back to places you’ve been and loved.
+ Spread the Love– leave a secret a surprise on the doorstep of a neighbor or friend (baked good alert!)
+ Family Poetry reading– write a poem or share a note or picture and explain why its important to you
+ Secret Santa for Valentines– draw names in your family- each person is responsible for buying or creating something to show how much they love the person they picked
+ Make Valentine slime – add plenty of hearts and glitter ( my husband has to do this– I’m so over slime in my house!) ha!
+ Family game night – have you tried Busy Town yet? My kids LOVE that game because you all win TOGETHER.
+ Leave a love note- I bought little paper mailboxes for my girls from the Target dollar bin. I love to leave little fun love notes for them to find in the morning! I mean, who doesn’t love finding sweet mail in the morning?!
HOW ARE YOU PLANNING TO SPEND YOUR VALENTINES? DROP A COMMENT BELOW!
VALENTINES ISN’T A DAY SET ASIDE JUST FOR ROMANCE… ITS A DAY TO REMEMBER THOSE YOU LOVE MOST. REACH OUT AND MAKE THEM FEEL SPECIAL BECAUSE HONESTLY, THAT ACT OF GIVING IS THE BEST GIFT OF ALL.