Easter is almost here! If you’re looking for easter basket ideas for tweens then look no further! I’ve done all the work for you! Your’e welcome. 😉 It’s not too late to run out and grab a few fun things for your tween’s easter basket! We don’t do a lot of presents during the year…
In my opinion margaritas are always a good idea, but who wants all the crap that comes in those mixes? If you’re trying to stick to a clean no sugar diet then you’ll want to try this keto margarita recipe. This margarita is easy to make, and there’s even an option to make it spicy. Bottoms up!Jump to Recipe
I love lo carb cocktails.
For my version of a keto mojito check out THIS post!
There’s enough sugar and unnecessary carbs in most of the foods available out there as it is. The last thing I need to do is drink the stuff. When I want to indulge the keto margarita is usually my go to. I’m going to not only show you how to make one- and what the staples you need on hand are…but! I am also going to show you how to order one when you’re out on the town.
Three key ingredients to make the best keto margarita.
The top three things you need to make a killer margarita… ready for it? It’s just…
- Your FAVORITE tequila. I usually go with a silver variety, but this is YOUR margarita so I leave that to you. 😉
- FRESH limes. Not lime juice, & not some syrupy concoction you buy at the store. If this margarita is going to be keto then the lime juice needs to be from actual limes. I actually have an electric juicer since we have a lot of citrus on our ranch and I LOVE this one. It’s not expensive, its easy to clean, doesn’t take up too much space and it works GREAT!
- Cointreau. You can also use triple sec if you prefer, but again, in my humble opinion Cointreau is a superior liquor and you only deserve the best right?!
Fool proof formula for making the perfect margarita.
Just remember 2-1-1! 2 ounces of tequila to 1 ounce fresh lime juice, to 1 ounce Cointreau or Triple sec.
Spicy Blood Orange Keto Margarita Recipe
The base of this margarita recipe is keto. By adding 1/2 to 1 ounce of fresh blood orange juice you will be adding some sugar so if you want to keep this purely keto skip this ingredient. I also added jalapenos and jalapeno juice to make it spicy. If you don't want the added heat skip this step as well. Enjoy!
- 1 cocktail shaker
- 1 citrus juicer electric or manual
- 1 knife
- 1 shot glass or measuring cup
- 2 oz tequila
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz Cointreau
- 1 oz fresh blood orange juice
- 4-5 slices fresh jalapenos
- 1 tbsp fresh jalapeno juice
- 1/2 cup ice
- 4-5 tbsp kosher or margarita salt OPTIONAL for rimming glass
- 1 tsp Tajin OPTIONAL if you want to add a kick of spice to your rim!
- Slice 1 lime in half and extract juice in either a manual press or an electric juicer- set juice aside
- Slice 1 blood orange in half and extract juice in either a manual press or an electric juicer and set juice aside
- Measure 2 ounces of tequila and pour into cocktail shaker
- Pour 1 ounce Cointrea into shaker
- Add 1 ounce fresh lime juice to shaker
- Add 1/2 to 1 ounce fresh blood orange juice to shaker
- Add jalapeno juice to shaker
- Add ice to shaker
- apply a lime wedge to rim of margarita glass and run around entire rim
- dip rim of glass into salt or a mixture of salt and Tajin
- add a few cubes of ice to glass
- Shake contents of cocktail shaker vigorously
- Strain liquid from shaker into margarita glass
- Add sliced jalapenos to glass and garnish with either a lime wedge or slice of a blood orange
To make this completely sugar free omit the blood orange, and skip the jalapenos and Tajin if you don’t like spice!
If you loved this keto margarita recipe you’ll really love my Mistletoe Mojito! It’s super refreshing and keto too! Check out the post here!
Thanks so much for taking the time to read my posts! For daily inspo find me over at Instagram and for tons of inspo on everything from home decor, to parties, travel and more find me HERE on Pinterest!