Tis the season for a little mistletoe- well how about a mistletoe mojito?! This Christmas mojito recipe is so fun and festive, it really is the prettiest drink around! But guess what?! It’s also low carb and keto friendly! I hope this recipe brings a little extra flair to your holidays!
What is a mojito?
A mojito, pronounced /mōˈhēdō/, is usually considered a summer drink. It’s a traditional Cuban drink, and it is normally served up in a highball glass. What makes up a traditional mojito? White rum, sugar, lime or lemon, sparkling water or club soda- and of course, lots of mint! If you’re trying your darndest to stay on the low carb/keto bandwagon (like, erm me) then you may find yourself looking for lightened up versions of these recipes.
For my keto summer mojito recipe check this post here.
Why a Christmas mojito?
During the holidays I love sipping on something a little festive. Be it mulled wine, spiced apple cider or something sparkling. But, if I can enjoy a lightened up version of a festive cocktail then even better. This “mistletoe mojito” as I like to call it uses non sweetened coconut milk or cream to give it a beautiful milky white color. The addition of pomegranate seeds and a sprig of mint on top give it that pop of holiday color. Its just so dang pretty! Christmas in a glass! This time around I did not use lime or lemon, but I thought it tasted just perfect without. Enjoy!
My Low Carb White Christmas Mistletoe Mojito Recipe:
Christmas Mojito- Low Carb
- martini shaker
- highball glass
- 5-6 sprigs fresh mint reserve one sprig for garnish on top
- 1-2 tsp swerve or monk fruit (any sugar substitute of your choosing)
- 2 oz white rum
- 3 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk or canned coconut cream
- 1 can sparkling coconut water you will just use a splash on top
- 1-2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup ice and extra for inside highball glass
- Muddle fresh mint and sugar substitute in the bottom of a martini shaker
- Add white rum to shaker
- Add one cup ice to shaker
- Add coconut milk to shaker
- Shake vigorously
- Fill highball glass with ice
- Strain rum mixture into highball glass and stir
- Top off glass with sparkling coconut water
- Stir in pomegranate seeds
- Top off glass with another spoonful of pomegranate seeds and garnish with one sprig of fresh mint