Easter is almost here! If you’re looking for easter basket ideas for tweens then look no further! I’ve done all the work for you! Your’e welcome. 😉 It’s not too late to run out and grab a few fun things for your tween’s easter basket! We don’t do a lot of presents during the year…
Have you ever tried making a flower mobile all by yourself? You just need three things… twine, a branch and FLOWERS! Read below to see just how easy it is!Jump to Recipe
I love displaying fresh flowers in a vase, but what if you could use some as wall decor? A hanging flower mobile is just another fun way to decorate with flowers around your home. Other ideas would be to stick some in a hanging basket or even add some to a DIY wreath. Check out this post for an easy tutorial on how to make a fresh wreath using olive branches (or any greenery of your choice.)
- kitchen twine
- flowers (I used a mixture of anemones, chamomile, craspedia and ranunculus)
How to make a flower mobile:
Flower Mobile DIY
Easy instructions for making a hanging flower mobile.
- 1 pair of scissors used to cut twine and stems of flowers
- 1 nail used to hang flower mobile
- 1 branch
- 1 spool of kitchen twine
- 8-12 flowers
- cut stems of flowers so that they will hang in an equal & uniform length
- tie each stem upside down onto your branch, space them equally along the branch and alternate type and/or color to create your own unique pattern
- measure twine by how high you plan to hang the branch and tie twine to each end of branch- leave enough slack so you can hang the flower mobile from the middle of the twine (forming a triangle shape)
- snip excess string of twine to create a cleaner more uniform look
- hang on a nail and enjoy! For dried flowers hang this in a dark room for at least two weeks first!
If you have leftover flowers use them to finish accenting your mantel by popping them into simple mason jars. For more details on how I gave my mantel a spring refresh check out THIS POST!
For the behind the scenes on this project visit me over at INSTAGRAM!
And if you love home decor, holidays, DIY and craft inspo then you NEED to come find me on PINTEREST!
Like my living room decor? Pin this image for later!
Shop my living room here!
The pampas grass in my living room was cut from our family ranch, but if you’d like some check out my friend Kay’s site HERE! Her pampas grass if sooo gorgeous!
So, are you up for this spring flower mobile challenge?
Let me know if you try it!
Thanks for stopping by!