This DIY heart doily apron is sure to please your favorite gal this Valentines Day!
I love hearts! And I love Valentines because I have more of an excuse to decorate with them! 🙂 My girlfriends threw me the cutest Valentine heart-themed baby shower when I was pregnant with my youngest daughter Everly. I wanted to make hostess gifts that were personal and unique. I couldn’t believe how easy this DIY heart doily apron was to make! For other fun galentine gift ideas check out my recent post here!
Did you know doilies make great stencils? I’ve used them to make cute bags too. Here is what you will need to make this adorable apron.
What you need:
How to make a diy heart doily apron.
- Spray the back of a doily with the spray glue and place sticky side down onto the center of your apron
- If using paint dab onto the cut-out areas with a sponge applicator- I used this kind
- Outline or add detail with fabric markers (crayola and tulip brand both make good ones)
- Spray the back of an initial stencil and paint on initial or free hand initial with fabric marker
- Gently peel doily off of apron so you don’t smear your paint!
- Let paint dry for a at least two hours then put in the dryer on low-medium heat for at least 30 mins to set
Leave a Reply